Thursday 29 August 2013

I would love to make some soap, I have no idea how you do it but I would really like to try, Kathleen and I spend hours in TK Maxx smelling the soaps they are so gorgeous one of my favourites is Violet this smell is so sweet and reminds me of when I was a small girl and every Good Friday my friend Jean's Grandma used to take us to Peddars wood and we would pick Violets and Primroses and take them home for my Mom for Easter, the smell in the wood was wonderful and the flowers like a beautiful pale yellow and violet coloured carpet. such happy innocent days. Does anyone have a failsafe way of making soap?  I would love to know.

7 comments:

Pippas quilts said...

Hi Jill Down to earth blog is great I have been following for a while now and she is very down to earth.
Anyway she makes her own soap.
http://down---to---earth.blogspot.co.uk/2007/07/how-to-make-cold-pressed-soap.html
Hope this helps.

Elizabethd said...

http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/home-craft/soap-making

This looks interesting.

Chris H said...

I've never made soap, but I'm sure there are hundreds of 'recipes' on the net!

Bev C said...

Hello,

I see another blogger has recommended the down to earth soap recipe.
Very easy to follow,just make sure you are organised and have the appropriate gear ready, eg. gloves, you are working with products that produce strong fumes so work with a open window.
It is beautiful soap.

Happy days.
Bev.

margaret said...

lots of advice already, I was going to suggest a search on the web but you have links so we will wait to see your wonderful concoctions you come up with

Bluebell said...

Thank you for all your help, I am going to look now!

Jill

Elizabethd said...

Have just caught up with your Innocent hats post, aren't they lovely!! So far I have done two, tonight.

Blog Archive