Tuesday 15 May 2012

Bra's !!!!!!!!

Cottonreel and I went shopping yesterday this is usually a good experience but, Kathleen (cottonreel) was looking for Bra's, have you ever shopped for Bra's with a friend? well it is a unique experience. Kathleen did not want to be measured she was not in the mood for stripping off so we found some pretty Bra's which she thought were the right size, when we went to pay the assistant suggested she be measured, she gave in and disappeared into the changing room for what seemed like a long time but came out with a smile on her face wearing her new bra her old one in the box she had decided it was too comfortable to remove. We were very pleased but Kathleen was shocked that she needed such a large cup and we giggled a lot about this. Kathleen then decided that she would look in M&S for at some more bra's with a bit of oomph! you know more lace, pretty colours, she loves pretty underwear, we must have spent over an hour looking for her new size , I was on my hands and knees looking on the bottom rails for her size she found a few but was cross that the pretty one's did'nt seem to go up to her size, whats the matter with Bra manufacturers? do they think once you reach a certain age you don't need to feel pretty in your underwear, well Kathleen is 78 years old and still likes a sexy bra.
Last night the phone rang it was Kathleen she was giggling a little bit, all the bra's she had bought did not fit although she had chosen the size she had been measured for , we spent about 10 minutes laughing a lot because we have to go through all this again and we see the funny side of most things, soooo! within the next few days we are again going Bra shopping I hope there will be lots of coffee involved or I won't be able to cope but we can't drink too much coffee because then we have to visit lots of loo's and that can be a problem because they are not always where you need them to be, oh well, Happy Days.

3 comments:

Angela said...

I have been a little suspicious of M&S bras ever since I was measured at Fosse Park - and the girl got me 2 bras in the same style, same size, but different colours. And one fitted, but the other really didn't! Furthermore, I think the style affects the fit too. Waiting till I have lost a bit more weight before I shop again. At least my cups are no longer running over!

blessings x

Chris H said...

I have never been fitted for a bra! I'd be too embarassed.
I'm glad Cottonreel got some that fit... even if they were bigger!
I agree about not being able to find really pretty ones in larger sized... not nice.

Pippas quilts said...

It is always a good idea to have someone measure you. I hope the next trip to M & S is successful..

Blog Archive