Sunday 11 March 2012

Beautiful Day

It has been a truly beautiful day today, warm and sunny, Tony went fishing early this morning and I had a day all to myself. I covered old buttons that I new I would never use and now they look pretty and I also made yo-yo's and decorated them, now I have some more things to add to my crazy patchwork, I enjoyed doing these and they are very effective for crazy patchwork.

This morning I went for a walk and called in on Kathleen( Cottonreel) who was busy quilting a quilt on her longarm, she is getting quite professional, she did stop to give me coffee and have a chat.
I get my second lesson tomorrow from Christen Brown, I have thoroughly enjoyed the first one and I have learn't quite a lot, I am hoping that one day I will be able to produce wonderful crazy patchwork with fantastic embellishments, Oh well I can dream.








3 comments:

Pippas quilts said...

Such pretty buttons. It is a real joy to have a day being creative

Bear said...

hewoo
love your beautiful buttons, they will look fabulous on CQ I hope you continue to learn and have fun always (its such a wonderful way to while away those hours when we should be doing drugey things)
love n hugs bear xoxoxoxoxo

cottonreel said...

I saw these buttons in the real.
Ask bluebell to put a tutorial on then everyone can make beautiful buttons

Blog Archive