Friday 4 February 2011

Miniature Embroidery


Hello everybody, this is a picture of a miniature embroidery I have just finished, I am going to use it on some crazy patchwork, it was lovely to do, I enjoyed it so much I have sent for two more, I think the Hollyhocks are my favourite.
Well what a week it has been, there is so much awful news, the weather still seems to be crazy, I feel so sorry for all the people in Queensland it must have been so frightening when the cyclone hit, they are really having a bad time. Then there is the snow in America that looks pretty awful too, we have gales at the moment here in England, I think Scotland have had the worst of them but it is still very very windy here. I am glad we have got into February, there are some small signs of spring breaking through, there are catkins in the hedgerows and snowdrops appearing everywhere and I noticed that the spring bulbs are beginning to sprout in my garden.
It is my son Andrews birthday next week so I have been busy birthday shopping, Kathleen and I went out to lunch yesterday, it was a lovely sunny day. Lets hope that the weather will take a turn for the better now, enough is enough.

7 comments:

Floss said...

This is absolutely beautiful. Have a lovely weekend.

Jane said...

What a lovely little posy you've made! The weather is dreadful isn't it? I've left my bed as I can't sleep for the frightening noise of the wind :O(

Scrappy quilter said...

That is beautiful. Glad to hear you and Kathleen went out to lunch...always sweet when you can go out with your best friend. Hugs

Sarah Jane said...

Such a pretty embroidery and I can see it will be lovely on some patchwork. I like combining embroidery with piecing - the best of both worlds.

Elizabethd said...

Absolutely lovely, Bluebell, as always.

The French Bear said...

That is stunning!!! I have never seen anything so beautiful, where did you learn this from? I am not a great embroiderer but I love this!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Piece by Piece said...

Love your embroidery, I usse to do a lot of it but not recently, too busy doig my quilting.
We had a lot 8-10 inches of snow this afternnon here in S. W. Ontario, Canada. I am so sick of Winter, we have snow on the ground all most every day since the first of December.
Stay warm
Patricia

Blog Archive