Saturday 4 September 2010

Every Picture Tells a Story

They say every picture tells a story, well these certainly do. My nephew is researching our family tree and he sent me these, I am so pleased with them as I do not have any photo's of my Grandparents and these are My Grandparents. The Old gentleman in the bowler hat and the lady sitting on the chair next to him are my Dad's parents, did you notice his watchchain across his waiscoat and the shine on his shoes. The man with the pipe and the baby on his knee are my moms parents and the baby is my Mom. The old lady with the flower on her hat is my grandmother when she grew to be an old lady she was still very upright, the lady with her is my Aunt Flo, who was my mums sister and her two children. The photo of the children is very funny, if you look at the top one they are all very serious and then in the next one they have obviously been told to smile and they are all doing so. Do you recognise me I am the tall one at the back on the right hand side and the boy stood next to me is the nephew who sent me the photo's. I am the youngest of 10 children and my mom was 43 when she had me. I often think of all the hard work she must have done to keep us all clean and tidy, there were no washing machines then and yet we were always well clothed and clean and my Mom was a wonderful cook who could make a meal out of most things I can still smell her Lamb Stew with dumplings which used to be waiting for me when I came home from school, Lovely!









5 comments:

Jane said...

It must have been marvellous to have so many sisters and brothers when you were a child and young adult. Are you still in touch with any of them?

sweet blondie blue eyes said...

Yes I can see the likeness in the picture where you are smiling, it brought back memories of the late 40's and 50's when I was but a young thing!! I had a haircut very similar to yours......

Lalabibaby @ Dreaming of The Simple Life said...

I just love putting the meat on the bones of the family tree with old photos .... it's fascinating and I see more in each photo every time I look it ... and appreciate them much more as I get older. Thanks for sharing Bluebell x

Bunny said...

My hubby has been doing our family history for years now we have found some wonderful photos too. It is fun to meet relatives that you did not even know you had. We took a trip to England, (Bristol) and met my hubby's cousins that he did not even know he had in 2007 it sure was a fun trip for us. We are in Canada.

Kathy said...

I just love old photos. I could look at them for hours and hours! Thank you so much for sharing those. They are wonderful!

Blog Archive