Wednesday 1 July 2009

A really hot day

This is a photo of Tony stood outside the house where Captain James cook used to live and work and where he set off onhis adventures around the world. When I was in Australia I saw the place he landed so I found tis little cottage very interesting, it is a lovely little fishing village called Staithes and we spent a pleasant day there exploring. It has been very hot here again today a real effort to do any work although Kathleen and I managed a shop this morning but I collapsed this afternoon to watch the tennis, I had the front and back doors open trying to create a breeze. Andy Murray won his quarter final match and is now into the semi's so we are all going a little crazy over here. See you soon.


2 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

WOW that's really cool. It's warm here, +26C. Not too bad. Hope it cools down over there for you.

LaurieStar said...

Sorry it's so hot where you are. Must be hard to get anything done when it's like that. Here's to cooler weather for you! :)

Blog Archive